Since new versions of Windope, it seems that it's now impossible to try to maintain his (their... check sdog's blog ;-) ) machine without using the..... COMMAND LINE !
And much more now... the pseudo OS that tryed to ban the cmdline... now even adopted for shell : M$H !
The idea (behind Monad) is easy: Build a decent, programmable, scriptable shell language/facility. MSH is a combination of the command line abilities of a BASH shell, the richness of a programming language like Perl or Ruby, combined with the rigor and common sense of .NET
Where's gonna go the world ??
But once again we can see that M$ doesn't invent... they copy !
Some point of vue to share about instant messagers and the discovery of a new one...
hello dear blog !
To chat I use since ever irc, and I'm very happy with it !
I convinced my family and some friends to join me on irc, and since 3 or 4 years we nerver had any problems... they even think it's very usefull.
But (yes there is always a but...) many other friends or relative are using others (non-)operating systems than mine and they don't even want to use IRC (loosers ! :( )
I've tryed many of them :
- yahoo : it was funny but I don't remember why I forget it somewhere after a new install...
- gnommeeting : cool project, with webcam support ! ... but many windope users cannot talk we me, and the firewall configuration musts change if I change pc... a bit wierd :(
- jabber : yeah opensource, nice, etc... but... (again that but!) nobody I know use it !
- gaim : it's cool, but it has many missing features to talk with M$N users... we arrived at the point...
Many users are using M$N :(
So I decided to have a look at :
- amsn : I'm still using this one, even if there is no webcam support, it supports emoticons ;-)
Now many M$N users use still new features like wizz(?) I don't even know what is, but amsn use it in the cvs version, I should test this...
So looking on the web I found this project : mercury, the screenshots sound great, with webcam support !! but... I never used it, I'll try it and keep you inform...
Finaly I'm still using :
- skype: and I find this project very nice even if is not opensource :-S
So leave me comments with maybe your experiences on this topic.
As requested by sdog to populate our future planet.x-tend.be, I created my blog.
I'll try to keep it updated as possible. Now let's try it and check the possibilities of this blog engine...