At Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo (PLMCE), I had the honor to receive a MySQL Community Award for the "Community Contributor of the year 2014". I was so proud and still I am.
This is the reason why I received it: Frederic organizes the MySQL & Friends Devroom at FOSDEM every year. He worked towards making a true community driven event participated by all key players. in 2014 the MySQL & Friends devroom also presented a shared booth/stand regrouping Oracle, MariaDB/SkySQL and Percona engineers and developers.
But this Award can't be only mine, I need to share it with all people that helped me in this adventure and that makes it possible. FOSDEM MySQL & Friends Devroom is maybe now the second best event in Europe after Percona Live UK (PLUK).
I'm sorry, "apologies upfront" (some people will understand this sentence), but I'll now thanks all the people that deserves it and the list is long:
- FOSDEM, for the acceptance of the MySQL & Friends Devroom every year since 2009.
- Kris sdog Buytaert, who encouraged me to give my first talk in the MySQL Devroom in 2010.
- Lenz Grimmer, to have run the devroom at the beginning
- Giuseppe @datacharmer Maxia, for having helped me and introduced me to key players in the Community to be able to create every year a strong Committee with people of different companies and opensource projects
- Colin @bytebot Charles, for having participate to all these devrooms as visitor, speaker and committee member (and congratulation for the Award too)
- Sergey Petrunia who also helped me the first year I was in charge of the devroom
- Henrik @h_ingo Ingo, who was a model for me in how he represented the Open Source in the MySQL ecosystem (you can come back whenever you want)
- Oracle, Tungsten, SkySQL, MariaDB, Percona to have allowed their engineers to travel, speak and share the booth with each others
- All committee members
- All speakers (2014, 2013,2012)
- All attendees
- and last but not least the Percona Belgian Team, Liz @lizztheblizz van Dijk, Dimitri @dim0 Vanoverbeke and Kenny @gryp Gryp who supported me for the logistic and organized a wonderful Community Dinner this year.
Again thank you everybody, this award is our award to all of us !
And once again he drew me.
This is the picture of last year:
and the one of this year:
The conclusion is simple: my beard narrowed and my face grew ! ... is this a sign that I'm becoming old ? ;-)
BTW, thx MariaDB's team for this nice and funny gift !
If you want to be able to use an iPhone with Fedora 20 to copy photos or songs, you will need to upgrade libimobiledevice to 1.1.6. If you don't on the phone you will be constantly prompted to trust or not the computer:
You can find the rpms for libimobiledevice 1.1.6 here.
If like me you like to listen radio while working on your computer but you don't like to have it open on a webpage. And if you find very useful the way how rhythmbox mutes itself when you get a call, you need then to add your radio in your favourite audio program.
The problem is that it's not always obvious to find the url to use for the radio media.
So this is how to proceed:
- you need to install ngrep
- run it like this :
ngrep -d p3p1 -lqi -p -W none ^get\|^post tcp dst port 80
(-d p3p1 is used to specify the interface if you have multiple choices)
- open in your browser the page you use to listen the radio usually
- find the stream you are looking for in ngrep's output:
- add it to rhythmbox and you are done ;)
I recreated rpms for the latest revision (119) of sysbench.
I made them available for Fedora 19 and CentOS 6.
As this blog is now hammered by spam spam spam, I decided to disable the publication of comments without approval. Even with Mollon, this is becoming a nightmare !
Sorry for the annoyance, but there is no alternative currently.
Thank you for your understanding.
I will be present in Prato (Firenze), Italy Thursday and Friday (September 19th and 20th) to deliver 2 presentations at OSS4B:
- Installing and managing MySQL like a real devops: automation in production
- Introduction to Percona XtraDB Cluster
If you want to learn about these projects or discuss anything related to MySQL and Percona, join the conference and don't hesitate to come to talk to me. I will be very happy to answer your questions.
Ci vediamo in Prato !
My colleague Kenny hit a bug with Innotop and MySQL 5.6. He submitted a bug with a patch.
This is a new pre-release rpm of Innotop (1.9.0-3) that includes that patch.
Enjoy it !
[UPDATE] New rpms are now available directly on Innotop's download page
I wanted to test it but it isn't packaged in Fedora... That means i created a package for smartshine and aaphoto, a dependency.
Since last week-end I'm using Fedora 19 (beta) on both my machines (macbook air and imac). Everything good so far, Some changes for the macbook air, but this will be another post.
I've then build a new rpm for hamster-time-tracker (1.03.3).