Two weeks after the big annual event in San Francisco, Oracle Open World 2016 , September 18-22, there will be another MySQL focused event in Europe: Percona Live Amsterdam, October 3-5.
The MySQL Engineering Team and Community Team will be present. We have submitted a list of very interesting talks, mostly related to the upcoming new major release of MySQL.
In an effort to involve the larger community in the talks selections, PLAM’s organization implemented a community voting process for the previous edition. If this will be again the case and if you are interested by our sessions, don’t hesitate to vote, if the vote is available, for the sessions you would like to see or just tweet about them using #perconalive
Here is the list of the talks we submitted:
- MySQL 8.0: CTEs, Guilhem Bichot
- MySQL 8.0: Overview, Geir Høydalsvik
- MySQL 8.0: What’s new in InnoDB, Sunny Bains
- MySQL 8.0: what’s new in Optimizer, Manyi Lu
- MySQL Cluster 7.5, Bernhard Ocklin
- MySQL Document Store, Jan Kneschke
- MySQL Group Replication in a Nutshell: hands-on tutorial, Frédéric Descamps, yes it’s me 😉
- MySQL Group Replication: Multi-Master HA, Pedro Gomes
- MySQL Performance Schema & Sys Schema, Mark Leith
- MySQL Performance Tuning With Visual Explain, Øystein Grøvlen
- MySQL Performance: Demystified Tuning & Best Practices, Dimitri Kravtchuk
- MySQL Performance: Scalability & Benchmarks, Dimitri Kravtchuk
- MySQL Replication: Latest Development, Luís Soares
- Transactional Data Dictionary in MySQL 8.0: An Internal Server Component That Matters, Dmitry Lenev
- Understanding MySQL Query Execution, Olav Sandstå
- What’s new in MySQL 8.0 Security: SQL Roles, Better Key Kandling, Atomic ACL Statements, Gerogi -Joro- Kodinov
- X Protocol – deep dive, Jan Kneschke
As you can see, we tried to cover all the main topics and focusing on our new key features like the new support for CTEs, the new data dictionary, Group Replication, using MySQL as a document store with the X Protocol and many other improvements for the future MySQL 8.0 !