Recently (yesterday), I faced a problem with percona-playback when I tried to use a slow query log (captured on a customer's server) and it fails dramatically. The log files was 2.3G and the second query was already returning an error :-(
I seemed that I hit a bug that Aurimas, my colleague at Percona, already reported (bug 1035217): queries written on multi lines don't work !
My C++ knowledge is very old and also very limited, so I tried to understand and fix this issue myself. Mushu (dbasquare) already faced this problem and started to fix it before giving up as he needed to run it on Slowaris... Gently he sent me his patch that I modified to support my slow query log:
queries on multi-lines
queries being only a ; (semi-colon)
queries finishing by another character than ; (with comments for example)
Attached to this post, you can find the rpm for CentOS 6 including that patch.
Baron announced today the release of Innotop 1.9.0..
Fedora provides Innotop 1.6.0 !
I have then build rpm for CentOS 6 to test it as soon as possible !
[update]: I made a typo (see comment bellow) in the requirement of perl-TermReadKey, I've fixed this in innotop-1.9.0-2.
As I wanted to test in my vagrant environment Yoshinori's MySQL replication booster, I needed to create rpms to be able to install it quickly and easily on those virtual machine without compiling it on the vm's.
So if you are interested in this nice replication solution and you are lazy to compile it, you can use my rpm's listed bellow.
Some links about the project:
If you have recently read Stewart's blog post on mysqlperformanceblog, related to Percona Playback and you wanted to test it but you were too lame^H^H^H^Hbusy to compile it (or it was just not an option), I've made an CentOS 6 rpm just for you ;-)
I hope this helps !
PS: those packages have not been tested yet but you can replace mysql-libs by Percona-Server-shared-compat
Since I use puppet to manage my machines (and the machines of customers), I noticed that I had more packages installed then before, I noticed also obviously the same behavior in packages to update and bandwidth consumption during updates.
I realize that on 64bits machines, most of the time, the 32bits version of the packages managed by puppet were also installed.
This is what I did in my recipes before:
This kind of package declaration installed then the two version of the package, in this case corosync and the dependencies too.
To avoid this I added the fact hardwaremodel and used the alias to keep my recipes consistent:
Since I tested it 4 years ago, I like Open-Xchange (even if I'm not a java app fan). I like the layout and also all the feature it provides. The calendar is very complete.
For a customer where I set it up 4 years ago, I've migrated this service to a cluster running the last version.
The machines are fully installed via kickstart from a pxeboot (using cobbler)
This post describes the solution. The setup is based on CentOS and use the pair corosync / pacemaker as cluster.
The solution consists in two nodes where only one machine provides the service.
The components are :
- one ip balancing between the two nodes
- apache running on the "active/master" server (the server providing the service)
- open-xchange running on one node at the time
- funambol running on one node at the time
- openldap running on both machines in mirroring
- cyrus running on both machines as master/slave
- mysql running on both machines as master/master replication.
This is an overview of the crm:
Most of the needed steps are put in some puppet recipes to help the provisioning (you can find them on my github account)
With the cyrus-imapd delivered by default on redhat/centos, when the cyrus master starts without the slave running, cyrus won't reply for a long time... the bug we are hitting here as been resolved in newer version. I use cyrus-imapd 2.4.6, package from Simon Matter. You can find the source of this package here
The other day at $CLIENT I had to install a webapp that needed tomcat6 and I found it was quite a hassle to install a packaged version on a 32bits RedHat RHEL 5.5.
During that painful process, lefred helped finding the magic package that solved it all so I felt it was only fair for me to publish the complete solution as a guest post on his blog!
Today I tried to put in production an update of Samba 3 (3.5.4) to allow Windope 7 clients to join the domain.
After having performed what's on the samba wiki page about this topic [here], I could join the machine to the domain but I was not able to login !? :(
In the log :
[2010/08/20 16:55:20.682477, 0] rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:714(_netr_ServerAuthenticate3)
_netr_ServerAuthenticate3: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from client RO-BACKUP machine account RO-BACKUP$
[2010/08/20 16:55:30.993850, 0] lib/util_sock.c:474(read_fd_with_timeout)
[2010/08/20 16:55:30.993958, 0] lib/util_sock.c:1432(get_peer_addr_internal)
getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected
read_fd_with_timeout: client 0.0.0.0 read error = Connection reset by peer.
The problem was easy to solve but not easy to find : the two machines had not the same time (30 secs delay !)
Fixing the time sync fixed the problem (and I'm not using kerberos and AD)
I just realize after having searched too long that SELinux (I know life is too short for it) was the culprit.
It was my mistake as I completely forgot that this machine had selinux enabled :-S
So in /var/log/audit/audit.log I had :